Draft revision 4 - 9 June 2013
Constitution of The Sovereign State of Forvik
We the People of Forvik, by our divine right to self-determination, in order to establish a free and independent state, with all the right and privileges necessary thereto, in which democracy, Justice, peace and tranquility can flourish, and to promote the general well being for all our people with mutual respect for one another and in harmony with other nations and peoples, and further to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do establish this Constitution for the people and Sovereign State of Forvik.
We, therefore, the People of Forvik, each having the innate ability to pledge our rights in our best interests and appealing to the Supreme and Universal Power of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, hereby pledge those rights. The good People of Forvik, by innate authority, solemnly published their Declaration of Independence, declaring that Forvik is and of Right ought to be a Free and Independent State with full Power to conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. For the support of that Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually Pledge to each other our Lives, Fortunes, and sacred Honour.
Whereas the Intent of The Sovereign State of Forvik is to:
- Protect the freedom and rights of Forvegians and safeguard the independence and security of The Sovereign State of Forvik;
- Promote common welfare, sustainable development and inner cohesion of The Sovereign State of Forvik;
- Ensure the highest possible degree of equal opportunities for all Forvegians;
- Strive to safeguard the long-term preservation of natural resources;
- Strive to promote a just and peaceful international community.
Whereas The Sovereign State of Forvik is founded upon:
- Our expressed Will to be voluntarily united into The Sovereign State of Forvik;
- A Compact conducive to the welfare of the Members and promoting the interests of The Sovereign State of Forvik;
- Governance by consent as described in the Forvik Ting document and in accord with the laws of Forvik as recorded in the Forvik Law Book;
- Principles that recognise our freedoms, our unalienable innate rights and Rule of Law;
- Members ratify by deed this constitution under signature and seal.
- This Constitution is the highest law governing The Sovereign State of Forvik.
- This Constitution may not be altered without the expressed Will of The LandsTing.
- The Sovereign State of Forvik is constituted as a corporation sole in accordance with international law.
- This constitution binds all signatories.